Boost your diet with Chocolate
Chocolate? You are kidding! No I am not! Yes you can! What I do when I crave for chocolate, I have 1/2/3 pieces of “Lindt Excellence Cocoa 90%”.
Well Lindt says: “A full bodied dark chocolate, deep ebony in hue, masterfully crafted to be smooth and rich, with a profound cocoa flavour and surprisingly balanced taste. The aroma is earthy – evocative of dried leaves and liquorice – with notes of vanilla, espresso and toasted nuts coming through in its flavour.” Before having that type of chocolate I was telling myself, it does not taste good anyway! Who eats bitter chocolate?!
Each piece has (the piece is big!), well 10 g:
- 59 Kcal
- 1,4 g Carbs (including 0,7 g sugar and 0,5 g fibers)
- 1 g Protein
- 5,5 g Fat (including 3 g saturated fat)
Let’s compare with a genuine milk chocolate piece, well 4,2 g: I took “Milka” as an example:
- 22 Kcal
- 2,4 g Carbs (including 2,4 g sugar and ZERO fibers)
- 0,3 g protein
- 1,5 g Fett
⇒ Can you already see a difference?
Now the advantages of that sort of bitter chocolate:
- Your craving already stops after having one piece!
- Your blood sugar does not increase to the max and stays on a lower healthy level! So your body stays more in control.
- Even then you produce the happy making hormone “Endorphine” and you feel satisfied all over the day!
- The best thing is: It really does not affect your diet!
- The effect on your cardiac system is not fully proven scientifically. It might have an affect.
BUT be aware of that: Leave it to 2/3 pieces maximum. Because even a big bar of chocolate can make you gain weight, so stay in control. I did not even feel the need to have more than 2 pieces to be honest! I hope you liked my review and you enjoyed reading! If yes, feel free to subscribe and you won´t miss any update! Wishing you a great day!