Asparagus with Prawns
It is asparagus time over here in Europe! And I tried the green ones this time. I saw so many recipes online and at the end I decided to do something on my own. You can actually have everything with asparagus everything as a side like meat or potatoes, well today I chose prawns. I used roasted sesame seeds as topping.
I used a very easy seasoning and you will not regret using the spices. If you are not a cumin and coriander powder fan, you can leave them out. This recipe is really delicious!
So here the Recipe!
- Half bunch of Asparagus
- 250 g Prawns (you can also use the ones with seasoning)
- 1/2 Onions (chopped)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Squirt of Soya Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Paprika Powder
- Pinch of Cumin Powder (not a must)
- Pinch of Coriander Powder (not a must)
- Pinch of Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Seasoning of your choice (like chicken seasoning)
- Any other herbs of your choice
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Tomato Paste
- Prepare the asparagus and peel the skin of the last endings
- Roast your sesame seeds
- Fry the onion in 1 tbsp butter
- Take a glass and prepare your sauce with lemon juice, soya sauce, oyster sauce, paprika powder, cumin and coriander powder, garlic powder, seasonings, herbs and parsley and 1/4 of the roasted sesame seeds
- Add the prawns into your pan and fry for 1 min
- Add the sauce over the prawns and now fry for 6-7min
- Take the prawns out of the pan and put aside
- Use the same pan and now add 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- Now add the asparagus and fry till they are done, also add salt to taste
- At the end add the prawns to warm up
- Now decorate your meal with sesame seeds and fresh lemon
- Bon Appetit!